first off, i can't believe ya'll are still here. i am really not sure why. well, i love you, too. crazy madly deeply.
back to breaking open. i've been living the good life. worthwhile craziness, that is.
i daily, constantly
unwind * untwine * disentangle my heart
only to find
an upsurge of freedom wanting to swell, to mushroom into the lives of everyone i ever ever talk to.
- my teen-years best friends, aging but still dope hip-hop dancers, who could use my brother's body wisdom yesterday.
- my sisters, so many free hippies who can't afford their rent but who make art that everyone could use. everyone.
- my neighbors, carting their wheelbarrows to my driveway for organic compost.
- my daddy, comics archivist & artist-advocate, how i'd love to spend the rest of my life building him an online comics encyclopedia, an institute for elders & young artists to jam, a home built for housing & feeding creative geniuses with a full-on staff. a village, actually.
really, i even mean
- those moms in my boys' class who won't talk to me because they think i'm there to create a wedge (heheh, i understand, must be intimidating at 4'11) -
i am in a constant day dream of showing them how to take their hobbies to 6 figures.
which is totally counter-reciprocative, but fuck, they do some good, really marketable shit over on their ends
AND, (aside from the fact all that is meddling & i am an introvert)
none of that is what i'm here for.
i am a full time wife & mama first. as a lifer*autodidact (read: grownup unschooler) i've been able to do some cool-ass stuff & we've sent crazy support to the businesses, initiatives & non-profits that make our hearts sing. my heart*thoughts never go to sleep, but i must, so here is how i'm merging + integrating:
- blending my online life with my real life. it will be fine, i keep telling myself
- healing my need to hide what's good so i don't create separation, anxiety, judgement. that's gonna come, anywayz
- modeling for those of us with unique privilege, the good life out loud (in my case, my unschooler's mindset actually gives me the same resources as my very wealthy friends. i say x & x happens, at our family-first pace)
- being honest about what doesn't work without telling other's stories
- sharing those brilliant, genius resources that have somehow come our way & made our lives worthwhile, humbling & at the end of the day, mindblowing
- continuing to support those in a position to support life*goodness*earth in a significant way
At the beginning & end of everyday, it's all about thanking Source for me. Bending down & kissing Mother Earth. Partnering with my brothers & sisters to be honoring of what's here.
so stick with me my loves, things will change around here, i never quite grew out of the early anonymous UO blog. this is my humble online pre-launch/real-life admission. i make rich hippies. i can show hippies how to launch their gigs, yes, but that isn't what i mean. i mean that most of us who are lucky enough to get our food on the table fairly consistently, are fully grateful & long to give back & embody our values full-out. we want to live simply, softly, to create a handmade life. to send resources, time & energy where they are most needed. to experience a wellspring of creativity in our lives. i help the resource-rich live spirit-rich.
so that is what i do, offline. usually it's ceo's, activists & performing artists. and now it's here, with my uo crew. you. you. & you. as usual, i am deeply grateful. for you.
PS ~ if you are a hippie, & up to thriving, I can't recommend my boys Alex & Tad highly enough. If you get me on the phone I will sing you an 8 hours+ love song about what the do heart*fully & masterfully. It would be a better use of your time to go straight to them. Alex knows how to cull purpose & lifestyle. And Tad knows how to market creative-sensitives. Yes. Angels. Both of them. I LOVE them, am a greatful friend & client.
And here's what is breaking my eyes, heart & mind wide open...