All hail the gift of H2O! Mamas, please remember to stay hydrated during this beautiful summer. Hydration helps aid in digestion, clears the mind (85% of your brain tissue is water!), flushes toxins, reduces stress, nourishes the skin, speeds metabolism, and ensures milk production if you are breastfeeding.
A few tips to boost hydration:
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning
- Use a beautiful glass, goblet, mason jar, or fancy water bottle to make the task feel special
- Keep a lovely pitcher of water on your table; sometimes the simple act of pouring can be addictive
- Sip herbal teas
- Experiment with adding fruits and herbs to create refreshing and hydrating beverages (without added sugar). Even simple cucumber water (Potassium! Antioxidants!) does the trick. Click here for more recipes:http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Water
- Stash water bottles in your fridge so you can grab and go on your way out
- Grub on hydrating foods such as watermelon, cucumbers, apples, and cantaloupe.